The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country's economic, social and research‑based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
70 fellowships are awarded annually; a total of up to 140 awards are active at any time. However, should more funds become available, additional fellowships may be awarded.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
The Fellowships have a value of $70,000 per year (taxable), have a two-year duration and are non-renewable.
The deadline to apply is September 24, 2014 (8:00 pm EDT). The funding decisions will be released on January 30, 2015.
For more information, please consult the Banting Postdoctoral Fellows website.